- 30+ years of expertise working with organizations, communities, and individuals as a successful coach, mediator, ombudsman and investigator
- President of AWR Inc. (Alternative Workplace Resolutions Inc.)
- The Franchise Ombudsman for Canada and the United States with both the Canadian and International Franchise Associations
- Professional Coach, Chartered Mediator and Certified Ombudsman
- Human Rights Consultant
- Senior Consultant for Morneau Shepell
- Mediation Coach for ADR Chambers, Stitt Feld & Handy
- Recognized as the go-to-person diffusing volatile and seemingly impossible challenges and/or conflicts
- Provides transformative solutions empowering individuals and groups to break free from their current challenges and tap into their own inner wisdom
- Successfully worked with 600+ clients
- Leader in developing and sustaining more conscious professional relationships and communities
- Leader in alternative services for: Coaching (individualized 1 on 1 or group sessions), Mediation, Workplace and Conflict Assessment, Facilitated Meetings, External Ombudsman, Investigation, Return to Work/Accommodation and other Customized Solutions, specializing in the area of discrimination and harassment; disability management; psychological & mental health; rebuilding & transforming professional relationships; OHSA Act Bills 168 & 132 and; business to business disputes
- A member of the ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC) and of the ADR Institute of Ontario (ADRIO), Forum for Canadian Ombudsman and The International Ombudsman Association
- Toronto member of the Leadership Circle of the Centre for Spirituality at Work, to guide the evolution of the new centre
- Board member for Toronto Catholic Family Services and former volunteer for Women Helping Women Program for Toronto Catholic Family Services
- BA, York University, a diploma in Business Administration from Ryerson Polytechnical Institute, Certificate of Mediation (3 levels) from University Of Windsor’s Law Program and a certificate for Mediating in a Workplace when a Party has a Psychiatric Disability from the City of University of New York
I started my business career with Bell Canada working in senior roles and finishing off as their Ombudsman for Workplace issues. I started my consulting practice with the hope to extend my expertise in Canada and Internationally. I am known as the person to go to if the situation seems to be impossible as I have a unique perspective and can often see other possibilities that are not easily seen if at all by others.
My practice has been deeply impacted by my early mentors of Senior Business Managers, Union Executives, Lawyers, Psychologists and other Mental Health Professionals. As a result, my approach is very different than most consultants as I work on ensuring business, legal and psychological needs are being met throughout the process. This results in deeper solutions that are more complete and sustainable in future years.
I also prefer to approach all of my work from a broader perspective, which enables me to offer such a range of services from workplace to business to community to life & spirit solutions. This perspective is a reflection of both my inclusive diversified approach and the common thread about human beings having a need to transform their challenges in different settings.
Like most of us, I have had a very interesting and winding path in life. My business is both a calling and a passion! I have always felt called to help uplift and transform individuals from a very early age. It started as the eldest of 8 children in volatile times, my father was a veteran from the armed forces from his early days and has been profoundly impacted throughout his life.
I thought in the early days I would meet my calling through nursing and actually completed 1 year of nursing at St Michael’s Hospital. Instead I decided to move over to business and found my talent of bringing diverse people together coupled with my innovative thinking.
I have found that most of us spend so much of our lifetime working than time spent with our families; it is no wonder challenges appear whether we are ready or not. One of my core beliefs that I hold dear is when we have more Workplace, Business, Community and/or Life Peace we will have more World Peace.
Service has also been a key passion in my life and giving back to the world. I have mentored and continue to mentor women and men rebuilding their lives after experiencing trauma. Assisting vulnerable individuals and groups with mental health is another of my passions both inside my business and my personal life. I have been deeply affected by my brother who has schizophrenia and a cognitive impairment. He and many others with mental health conditions are a role model for courage and resilience.
My loves in personal life are my adult children, my animals and extended family and friends. I am very connected to nature, the environment, animals, children and love to have fun at the movies, dancing, tai chi and reading, especially autobiographies like Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King etc.
In closing, I will end with… I have a deep love for people and community and know when we have greater access to wisdom and heart anything is possible.